Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The best Hamantashen filling

A nice text I found a few days ago:
As a young kid, I had only a nodding acquaintance with Purim. I was dressed up as Queen Esther, I dutifully turned the gragger and won some trinkets at the Hebrew school Purim Carnival. But I never knew about the real Mitzvos that are supposed to be done on this wonderful holiday.
On one Purim, years later, I recall getting bags and boxes of goodies from friends. Elaborate with hand made labels, they were lovingly placed in little decorated boxes. It wasn't my birthday, so why was I being treated to gifts?
That's when I first found out about the custom of sharing Mishloach Manot gifts of nosh and hamantashen.
Basically, we must send at least one friend at least two kinds of edibles.
Here's the rest: http://www.jewish-holiday.com/hamantash.html

No comments:

Post a Comment